Imagine this; you are dancing in your favorite pub. It’s your birthday, and you are wearing a pair of diamond earrings you have gifted yourself on this birthday.
Everything is going great; you are enjoying your birthday, until then when your friend notices that your earring from the left ear has fallen off.
I know it is a nightmare that you do not even want to imagine. I personally also do not want you to experience such horrible incidents. Being a girl I also love wearing different types of earrings with different types of earring backs.
We love any kind of jewelry, especially a pair of earrings. As they enhance the overall look. Thus, to secure your earrings, you have to opt for those earrings backs that don’t fall off.
- 1 Top 10 types of earring backs that don’t fall off
- 1.1 1. 925 Sterling Silver Earrings Back
- 1.2 2. Gold Earrings Back
- 1.3 3. Parikh’s LuxLock USA Patented Replacement Earring Back
- 1.4 4. uGems Sterling Silver Jumbo Earring Backs
- 1.5 5. LOX-Mega-Grip Earring Backs
- 1.6 6. Secure Earring Backs Lifters
- 1.7 7. Fomissky Secure Earring Backs For Studs
- 1.8 8. Jumbo Backs
- 1.9 9. Delecoe Earring Backs
- 1.10 10. 14k Yellow Gold Earring Back
- 2 FAQs
Top 10 types of earring backs that don’t fall off
1. 925 Sterling Silver Earrings Back
925 sterling silver earrings back are one of the most secure earrings backs. It has the most prominent secured backs, which will not fall off. It prevents any sort of infection to your earlobe. So you can wear it all the time, throughout the date.
These hypoallergenic earrings back are so best for your sensitive skin. It is designed with the perfect size and prevents your earrings from falling off from the earlobes.
- Hypoallergenic material.
- 925 sterling silver.
- Designed not to fall off.
- Safe to use on sensitive skin.
- Only a standard size is available.
2. Gold Earrings Back
After the silver screw earrings back, here are the 14K gold earring backs. When you are considering different types of earring backs for cartilage piercing, you can go for this amazing pair of earrings back.
Those, who have sensitive skin, can opt for this one without a second thought, as it is made of 14K gold. The best thing is that you can choose the size as per your requirements.
- Offers powerful grips.
- Comes with a hypoallergenic finish.
- Made of 14K gold and sensitive-skin friendly.
- Comes in different size options as per your requirements.
- A little costly due to the gold material.
- Usual gold rings do not offer so much security.
3. Parikh’s LuxLock USA Patented Replacement Earring Back
Parikh’s luxLock earrings back are one of the most secure and reliable earrings back, they are made of sterling silver, which is of very high quality and is hypoallergic. These are very secure and tight, but still very comfortable to wear.
- Sterling silver is of good quality.
- Secure and reliable.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Only one size is available.
4. uGems Sterling Silver Jumbo Earring Backs
uGem brings beautiful earrings back; apart from being adorable, they also are very secure and will prevent your earrings from slipping. They are of decent quality and will last you a long time.
There are four sizes available, and all of them fit perfectly fine.
- The swirl design looks adorable.
- Rhodium plating is of top-notch quality.
- Four sizes are available.
- Top-notch quality product.
- Anti-tarnish finish.
- They are not hypoallergic.
5. LOX-Mega-Grip Earring Backs
It is one of those earrings backs, which are specifically designed for gold and silver earrings. They will not fall off easily and are of top-notch quality. They are available in two variants, gold, and silver, and both of them are adorable.
- Adorable looks
- Very secure and trustworthy.
- Hypo allergic.
- Perfect for all your luxury earrings.
- Only one size is available.
6. Secure Earring Backs Lifters
Do your earrings hang and look ugly after spending hundreds of dollars on your earring? If yes, then you should get an earring back lifter. They lift the earrings and make them look stylish and new. They also have a very secure locking system and can last you a long time. They are also inexpensive and will be a perfect investment for boosting your style.
- It makes your earrings look more stylish.
- It can last you a long time.
- They are easy to use.
- No more drooping earrings.
- They are made of plastic, but it is of good quality.
7. Fomissky Secure Earring Backs For Studs
These hypoallergenic earrings back for studs are made up of stainless steel and silicone. These provide your extra earring support from the back, which prevents your earrings from falling off; they are translucent; hence they can go with all your earrings.
- Translucent silicone can go well with all earrings.
- It is a very secure locking.
- Affordable and value for money investment.
- Lead and nickel free.
- Solid and durable.
- Do not work well with earrings with thin posts.
8. Jumbo Backs
Jumbo backs are very good earrings back; they are big in size and are very good for your heavy earrings. Heavy earrings are beautiful and a jumbo back is the best way to keep those earrings in place; just make sure to buy ones made out of sterling silver or gold as they offer the best quality and overall stability.
- Best for heavy earrings.
- Very secure and reliable.
- Available in many beautiful designs.
- Value for money investment for your earrings.
9. Delecoe Earring Backs
Using a delecoe back for your earring or stud is a very good way to secure it in its position. They have a press lock mechanism that is very secure when you will press the tiny buttons on the side. The back will allow the passage of the post of your earring, and when you release the button, it will grab the post tightly. It is one of the best ways to secure your earrings.
- The mechanism is very secure and safe.
- One of the securest locking mechanisms.
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Available in gold, silver, and many other metals.
- It looks plain but is of great value and usage.
- The mechanism may break off if used roughly.
10. 14k Yellow Gold Earring Back
At last, we have 14k yellow gold back earrings. As the name suggests, these are 14k earrings back and they are one of the most common earrings back. These are very reliable, but as soon as there comes some moisture (especially if you wear them in rain or in a pool) between the post and the lock, it loses their efficiency.
But overall they are very useful if you keep your earrings dry.
- Readily available and are very inexpensive.
- Provides decent security.
- It is available in many designs.
- Easy to put on.
- May lose efficiency in moist conditions.
1. What Are The Most Secure Earring Backs?
Screw earrings backs are the most secure earrings back. It contains a threaded post along with a nut that spins onto the post up to your earlobe. You can not be pulled off, you have to fully unscrew it.
2. How Do I Keep My Earring Back From Falling Off?
Follow these tips for preventing the backs of your earrings from falling off.
- Lock earring backs properly.
- Use earrings back, which do not fall off.
- Do not wear loose earrings back.
3. Why Do My Earring Backs Keep Falling Out?
When it comes to friction-based earrings’ backs, they are most prone to falling off, as they rely on friction to maintain a grip on the particular post of every pair of earrings. When the friction is gone, your earring’s back will start to fall off. In that case, you will need to retighten the metal scrolls.
4. Do Screw Back Earrings Fall Off?
Just like the nut and bolt, when you are using screw earring backs, you have to ensure you are screwing them right. Screw earrings backs can get over-tightened and prevent proper blood flow. That does not mean they can never fall off, but the chances are less here.